Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Outwitted!




You'd think after having four kids I'd have learned... never feel smug or think you've outwitted a one-year-old. Our youngest hasn't been sitting well in her highchair when we eat. She'll stand up and turn around and lean over. It's scary at times because she looks like she'll fall to her death, so I decided I'd do something about it. I strapped her in with a belt from my bag. I thought I had her and exclaimed, "Ha! Now you won't be going anywhere!" I even somewhat enjoyed seeing her frustrated as she struggled to move...until she actually stood up. I was out smarted by a baby!


 So of course I had to outwit the child. I added another strap to secure the red plastic thingie that held the tray down. "Take that!" I'm feeling kind of dumb admitting I was gloating over the fact that I had her now. Especially since it only took a couple of days before the kid wiggled her way into finding a way to humiliate me yet again. I can't even make a safety belt for my child.

No comments:

Post a Comment